I have first tasted the mouth-watering buttered shrimp dish when our team dine at Dampa. It was long, long, long time ago, when I was still working in Ortigas City. But I could still remember how I wanted to finish the whole serving plate and deep inside my mind, I don't want to share it with my previous office mates! LOL. That's how scrumptious it was.
Since then, it has become one of my favorite dishes. Sadly, I've never had any opportunity to come back to Dampa again. So, I've just tried to cook buttered shrimp at home... not only to satisfy my cravings but to brag about it to my husband. Hehe...
Here's the recipe:
Buttered Shrimp Dampa Style
- 1 kg. shrimp
- 1 can orange soda (like Royal True Orange or Mirinda)
- 1 to 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- pepper, to taste
- Marinade the shrimp to the orange soda for 15 to 30 minutes. While marinating, it's your turn to mince the garlic.
- Heat the butter in a pan (wok or skillet, whatever is available in your kitchen. Hehe...)
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Don't wait until it turns brown! (If brown na, it means the garlic is already burnt!)
- Throw in the shrimps. Add the oyster sauce and the pepper. (If you want, you can add some soda.)
- Toss and stir until the shrimps turn orange.
- Remove from the pan and serve with hot, steaming rice. Enjoy!